In the past Buenos Aires has gotten some reputable names to come and perform, including favorites M.I.A., The Strokes, LCD Soundsystem. Even the Spice Girls came here on their 11 city worldwide reunion tour last year. From what I can tell the city does a pretty good job of keeping up with a variety of American music. But the lineup for this fall, even though it features some big names, sucks. Here's why:
- September 2nd: Michael Bolton. I don't think I could name one Michael Bolton song, but I would probably recognize it in an elevator. The last time I heard anything about Michael Bolton was when he was a guest star on I Love the '90s presenting the "hotties of the 90s". Pass.
- September 10th: Boy George. World famous, yes. But more so for his face makeup than any music. Last year he had to report for garbage duty in NYC after being busted for heroine. Or cocaine. Or both. Do I really want to see him sing "Do You Really Want to Hurt Me?"
- September 13: The Hives. Ok, getting a little closer to what I would listen to. Except, one-hit wonder. Can't remember the one hit.
- September 26 - October 11: Motley Crue, Stone Temple Pilots, Nine Inch Nails, Dave Matthews Band (Pepsi Music Concert). Time warp to 1993! Wouldn't pay to see them in the US, not gonna go here. This festival usually gets good names!!
Update: MADONNA. December 2008. I'm there!
No comments:
Post a Comment